In earlier times Cow’s ghee was an integral part of the diet. Any meal without it was considered to be incomplete as ghee was said to fight against the disease-causing microbes. But in the modern era, people do not consume ghee as they think it is not good for health and it will increase the cholesterol levels and will also make them overweight. Contrary to this statement, ghee helps in managing cardiac health and obesity. There are so many myths associated with ghee that needs to be broken down!
Cow’s ghee has an enormous amount of health benefits. It not only enhances the flavor of the food but also provides various health advantages. Some of the characteristics which the ghee possesses are shared by Dr. Mukesh Sharda founder of Dr. Sharda Ayurveda. Go through the article to know the benefits of Cow’s ghee and include it in your daily regimen.
Top 10 Amazing Healthy Benefits of Desi Ghee
- Digestion: The ghee nourishes the digestive tract and keeps the gut, intestinal walls healthy and non sticky. It is easily absorbed by the body so food is broken down easily and the rate of metabolism isincreased. Additionally, constipation can be managed by the consumption of Ghee as it improves digestive strength.
- Enriched with nutrients: It is highly rich in various minerals and vitamins such as vitamin A, D, E, and K. As it contains antioxidants it helps in proper cellular functioning and cell growth. It provides you with nutrition and protects the body from various diseases acting as an immunity booster.
- Bone-health: It is highly effective in improving bone health. It increases the density of the bone and also strengthens it. The consumption of ghee provides relief against joint pain, stiffness, and immobility.
- Great for Skin: The fatty acids present in ghee hydrate the skin making it soft and healthy. The appearance is enhanced as it makes the skin glow. It can be used as a moisturizer and can be massaged gently on the skin for smoothness.
- Wounds and fungal Infections: Ghee can be applied to the affected area as it gives a cooling effect and promotes speedy recovery from any injury, burns, wound, or skin infections.
- Eye-sight: The application of ghee around the eyes will strengthen the eye-sight and also help in improving the eye-sight.
- Brain Functioning: Usage of ghee enhances the brain’s activity. It promotes wisdom, memory, development of the brain, and intellectual abilities.
- Clogged nose: The clogged nose creates a lot of nuisance as the person experiences difficulty in breathing and loss of taste. Ghee can be used to get relief from nasal congestion. Putting ghee in the nostrils will help in clearing out the blockage.
- Protects the heart: Consuming ghee in an adequate amount will help to regulate the cholesterol levels and will also promote a healthy heart.
- Improves Reproductive health: The addition of ghee in the diet balances the hormonal level in both the males and females improving reproductive health.