Usha Mangeshkar is the youngest sister of the legendary singer Lata Mangeskar. Usha is a playback singer and has sung a number of songs within the Indian cinema.
Usha Mangeshkar was born on Sunday, 15 December 1935 (age 85 years; as of 2020) in Bombay Presidency, British India (now Mumbai).
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Salt & Pepper
Household & Caste
Her father had a Marathi origin as he belonged to Maharashtra, and her mom was a Gujarati.
Dad and mom & Siblings
Usha’s father, Deenanath Mangeshkar, was a Marathi theatre artist and a Marathi theatre actor. He was additionally a famend Natya Sangeet musician and a Hindustani classical vocalist. Her mom, Shevanti Mangeshkar, was the sister of Deenanath’s first spouse Narmada, who died early.
She has one brother, Hridaynath Mangeshkar, and three elder sisters, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, and Meena Khadikar. All her siblings are additionally related to music.
Relationships, Husband & Youngsters
She is single.
She made her singing debut with a Bollywood tune “Badi Dhoom Dham Se Meri Bhabi Aayi” from the movie “Subah Ka Tara” (1954 romantic-drama).
Nationwide Movie Awards
- President’s Silver Medal for Greatest Characteristic Movie in Marathi for the movie “Jait Re Jait” (because the producer of the movie) on the Nationwide Movie Awards in 1977
- Nominated for the Filmfare Award for the most effective feminine playback singer for the tune “Mai to Aarti” from the movie “Jai Santoshi Maa” (1975).
- Greatest Feminine Playback Singer for her tune “Jai Santoshi Maa” at BFJA Awards 1975
- Lifetime Achievement Award at Mirchi Awards 2020
- Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar Award by the cultural division of the Maharashtra authorities (2020-21)
Be aware: She has many extra awards and accolades to her name.
- Usha Mangeshkar is an animal lover and has a pet canine “Bittu” at her home.
- She loves to color in her leisure time. Furthermore, She feels performing and portray are interconnected. She used to make sketches whereas listening to the songs about its location within the film and in addition acknowledged an incident the place she drew a sketch whereas listening to the tune “Suhana Safar” from the movie “Madhumati”(1958), she figured an image of a sea in her thoughts and sketched it on a paper. Later, when she noticed the tune within the film, it was shot in a jungle, which was completely different from what she had imagined, so, it turned a disappointment to her.
- Usha misplaced her father when she was solely six years old. After his demise, Lata Mangeshkar, being the eldest sibling within the household began singing to earn cash.
- Whereas rising up, Usha developed an curiosity in singing and commenced singing within the year 1953 with some low budgeted movies that regularly proved profitable for her profession.
- The tune “Mai to Aarti” from the movie “Jai Santoshi Maa” (1975) was one among her main hits, and it introduced her main success. One other tune “Mungda” from Raj N Sippy’s suspense thriller “Inkaar” (1977) additionally helped her to achieve recognition.
- The tune “Mungda” was recreated for Indra Kumar’s comedian caper Whole Dhamaal ( 2019). It was extremely criticised by the unique singer Usha Mangeshkar and the composer Rajesh Roshan in addition to the general public. The remake was titled because the “toilet mix ” by the viewers. Usha Mangeshkar expressed her rage for ruining a traditional and stated,
Our songs (the songs sung by the Mangeskar sisters Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle and Usha Mangeshkar) have been created after an excessive amount of thought they usually have been performed with sensitivity and care. To tear them off on this arbitrary method is just not appropriate.”
- In 1992, Usha produced a musical drama “Phoolwanti” for Doordarshan that was based mostly on a narrative by Baba Sahib Purandare.
- Folks music lures her greater than another music kind.
- Usha has been singing for over 60 years as of now.
- Usha obtained a Physician of Philosophy diploma by Maharashtra’s Training Minister in Pune (2019).
- The 2 sisters, Lata and Usha, final sung ‘Aaya Mausam Dosti ka’ for Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ in 1989. Later, in 2017, each reunited after an interval of 27 years to sing a tune titled ‘Ek Baar Bidaai De Do Maan’ from ‘Main Khudiram Bose Hun,’ a biopic of a Bengali freedom fighter.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Lata Mangeshkar was admitted to the Breach Sweet Hospital in Mumbai after she complained of issue in respiratory and later, quarantined along with her sister Usha Mangeshkar and Hridaynath at house in Mumbai.
- The Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowaln congratulated Usha on the seventh Mising Youth Pageant on March 2020 in Jengraimukh, Assam. It was a five-day competition that began on 5 March.
Tripping on nostalgia with the soulful songs from iconic motion pictures Chameli Memsaab and Khoj.
— Sarbananda Sonowal (@sarbanandsonwal) March 8, 2020
- Hridaynath (Usha’s brother) states Usha to be a gifted painter. In line with him, she has performed all his covers of long-playing data, correspondingly to the content material of lyrics and music. Furthermore, she has additionally obtained the President award for portray.
- Usha and her household are a giant cricket fan and state to observe cricket as a faith. In an interview speaking about it, she stated,
Our mom was an enormous cricket fan, and we might all get collectively in her room with good meals, and tune in to the sport.”
- Usha admires her each elder sisters as they’ve impressed her quite a bit in life. She doesn’t examine her success with anybody. She additionally believes to study from her personal experiences of life and follows the mantra to remain at all times constructive.